When Is It Time to Get Your Brake Pads Replaced?
Your brake pads are not always something that car owners keep their eyes on, but in reality, they should. Your brake pads are a major part of your braking system that helps keep you safe every day out on the road. So when your brake pads are not properly maintained and wear out, it can spell disaster for the driver. There are a couple of ways to tell if it is time to get your brakes serviced:
- Hearing a high-pitched sound coming from the brakes
- Hearing a grinding sound coming from the brakes
- Feeling violent vibrations under normal stopping conditions
- Feeling your vehicle pulling to one side or the other when driving straight
- Feeling your brake pedal acting strangely (whether that be too mushy or too sensitive)
- Seeing that your brake pads are thinner than ¼ of an inch
The time frame for when a Shelby driver will need to get their brake pads replaced has quite a bit of variance depending on how you drive. If you drive more aggressively, then your brakes can wear out significantly more quickly than if you are gentler on your brakes when using your brakes. Consulting your vehicle’s owner’s manual is a good place to start if you want to know how long the brake pads will last on your vehicle.
Service Your Brake by Professionals in Shelby, NC
When you need to get your brake pads replaced, trust the professionals in our service center at Renaldo Auto Group in Shelby, NC to get the job done right. We pride ourselves in providing professional and quick service to each and every customer that walks through our doors. Check out our service specials before you come by to save some money when you get your brake pads replaced in our shop. If you have any questions, give us a call at (704)-406-8100, or come see us at 4423 E Dixon Blvd in Shelby, NC near Spartanburg, Greenville, Charlotte, and Asheville!